Breweries "Visited"

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Beer 136: Chimay, Hippo, Silent Bob


Today was a good but odd day.  It started with me getting passed by a pick up truck on my morning commute.  Not all that odd until you realize there was a very large ceramic (?) hippo riding in the back of the truck.  Do you have any idea how hard it is to take a photo of a hippo in a pick up truck while hurtling down the highway?  Here’s proof…it’s the best of the ones I managed to take.
The driver had to know how crazy this looked, right?

Then I did this at work:
I want everything in my world to have neon accents.
The day closed with a Silent Bob sighting at CVS.  It was at that point I learned I don’t take photos well in a sneaky manner either.  The dude gave me the finger.  And I didn’t get a photo of that either.  Ugh.

***

Tonight I’m drinking a Chimay Grande Reserve.  It’s a Belgian strong dark ale weighing in at 9% ABV.  It poured an opaque brown in the glass with a fluffy tan head.  The smell is caramel and malt.  The taste is really well balanced.  There isn’t a particular flavor that yells, “Hey notice me! This beer tastes like raisins.”  It is very smooth. The higher ABV is evident but not overwhelming.  I definitely recommend savoring the Grande Reserve and not chugging it.  High carbonation keeps it light.  This is probably my favorite of the Chimay beers out there.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment