Breweries "Visited"

Monday, April 30, 2012

You Loved Frogger, Right?

Beer #142 Mean Manalishi Double IPA, Hoppin' Frog Brewing Company , Akron, OH

As you've clearly seen by now from Marci's post, the Mrs. is under the weather.  Thankfully, I've watched a lot of ER over the years, so therefore I'm a completely trained and skilled physician.  I've got this one under control.  For example: I need a chem panel, CBC, tox screen, cross-type and hang two liters of O neg, STAT!!!

In between rounds for my patients, tonight's beer is the Mean Manalishi from Hoppin' Frog (note: I'm pretty sure beers between rounds was allowed on ER).  This double IPA pours a cloudy amber color, with a thin but persistent white head.  Your nose is greeted immediately with the traditional hop aromas of pine and citrus.  You get hit with flavors of grapefruit, along with caramel malt and a big dose of earthy, hop bitterness.  It's definitely a beer for hop lovers only - all others, beware.

No frogs were harmed in the making of this beer.  I think.

This brewery is a small operation out of Akron, and has been in business since 2000.  While it's not on their website, the interesting Hoppin' Frog name comes from the nickname of the brewer (Frog), and the fact that things are always hoppin' at the brewery.  There you have it.

Thing to Think About Today:
If we're thinking about frogs today..... I don't have much. There's the Celebrated Jumping Frog of Caleveras County, the old mascot from the WB, and I guess, Frogger.  Yeah, Frogger sounds about right.  Let's allow the Seinfeld guys to wrap things up in style with the episode where George clings to his youth and tries to save the video game with his high score.  And now I have patients to see, lives to save, results of the CBC to review.  Until next time, people.....

No comments:

Post a Comment