Breweries "Visited"

Friday, April 6, 2012

Beer & Lemonade. And the Kool-Aid Man.

Beer #118 Summer Shandy / Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company, Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin

On the heels of a good day yesterday, today brought more of the same.  Had the day off so I ran some errands and we took the dogs to the park.  However, I was trapped inside the house for a fair part of the afternoon, as Generose Manor is in the midst of a construction project to build a new 22,000 sq ft addition, erect an 10 car garage, dig a moat, and refurbish the helicopter landing pad to re-do the siding.  These guys are coming up on a 12 hour work day right now.  Definitely makes me feel bad, as I'm sitting inside drinking a beer, while they're still hammering away out there.  At times, the racket from their hammering/sawing gets so loud it feels like the Kool-Aid Man is about to smash through the wall and shout, "OH YEAH!"

OH YEAH!!  Wait, what the......?

Anyway, I mentioned I was drinking a beer - it's the Summer Shandy from Leinenkugel.  Apparently, we've skipped right past all of the spring beers, and we're officially ready for summer with this one.  For those not in the know, a shandy is a mixture of beer and a non-alcoholic drink, such as soda or juice.  Or, in this beer, lemonade.  I don't know about you, but that sounds delicious and refreshing to me!  In the glass, this beer has a hazy, pale yellow appearance with a fluffy head that lingers.  The aroma, to no one's surprise, is of lemons.  The taste is a refreshing mix of lemon and wheat.  Not a very complex beer, but definitely one to consider as the weather keeps getting warmer.  Keep this in mind for a tailgate before a concert or baseball game.

OH YEAH!!!!

The brewery dates back to 1867, so they've been at this game for quite some time.  For better or for worse, Miller Brewing (now SABMiller) purchased this company back in 1988.  The family still manages the brewery, and I can drink this beer in Pennsylvania, so I guess the marriage is working.

Thing to Think About Today:
All of you who are home owners out there know and deeply appreciate the joys of home ownership.  And by joys, I mean the constant need to fix something, upgrade something, or... do something.  We've been on a tear lately, as it was a new roof last month and new siding this month.  Wonder what May will bring?

When I think of owning a home, I think of this hilarious movie - The Money Pit.  Starring Tom Hanks and Shelley Long (and Commissioner Burrell from The Wire as one of the construction workers), this movie definitely makes me feel much, much better about our home improvement projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment