Breweries "Visited"

Friday, April 13, 2012

Beer 125: St. Somewhere Saison Athene


I’m writing this with an endless loop of Funky Cold Medina playing in my head thanks to the description provided by The Boilermaker of a “funky saison”.

I know it doesn’t rhyme and the meter is off, but here I sit, typing away, wondering “why you so fly?”.  It’s the funky cold medina.

***

Evidently Birthday-Celebrating-Marci
forgets to take photos
I banked this beer on my birthday bar tour -- ok my birthday bender -- at The Boilermaker.  St. Somewhere is brewed in Florida, which I never associate with craft beer.  But 125 days into this adventure, we’ve encountered two breweries already.  The Saison Athene poured a dark yellow and had a slightly floral aroma with a little spiciness.  The taste was awesome -- balanced, lots of carbonation, kind of tart, a little earthy and citrusy.  I also wrote “cherries? candy?” in my notes.  Then I drank a lot that day/night and have no clue what that meant.

Overall I would drink the Saison Athene again if I encountered it.  I’m also definitely going to check out some of the other offerings from St. Somewhere.

Cheers! I'm off to find all my Tone Loc tracks on the iPod.

No comments:

Post a Comment