Breweries "Visited"

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Cannonball... Cannonball Coming!

Day #445 Loose Cannon / Clipper City Brewing Company, Baltimore, MD
Previously from this brewery: Barleywine and Barlewyine + The Wire

Tonight I'm getting right down to business - I officially caught up with the times and bought a scanner, so I've been furiously working to take some classic old pictures and get them to the internet.  For example, me at age four or five?
I AM A SEXY MAN
Enough tomfoolery (for the moment), let's get down to a beer review.  Tonight I'm going with a beer I had at TJ's a while back, Loose Cannon from Heavy Seas.  This beer has a clear, light copper color, with a fluffy white head.  There's a nice citrus aroma, and when you take a sip you find pine and lemon, with an earthy dryness, and just the right amount of bitterness.  A really nice beer I could drink all night, if given the chance. Great for a night when you're looking to pick a fight with the hoppiest beer in the bar.
Yar, matey.
Unless I'm missing something, you won't find the name Clipper City anywhere on their website. However, I still believe Clipper City is the name of the brewery, and they in turn brew Heavy Seas beer.  I think I know this because that's what it says on Wikipedia, and the internet never lies.

Thing To Think About Today:
Allow me to point out the obvious connection for tonight: Loose Cannon, meet Cannonball, by The Breeders.  Enough said and rather appropriate on a night where I'm pouring over pictures from the 90's.  Love this song!

"I'll be your whatever you want...."

No comments:

Post a Comment