Breweries "Visited"

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Day 438: Jolly Pumpkin Made That!

You should bring something into the world that wasn’t in the world before. It doesn’t matter what that is. It doesn’t matter if it’s a table or a film or gardening — everyone should create. 
You should do something, then sit back and say, “I did that.”

                                                                                                         -- Ricky Gervais

I have the luxury of being able to create things pretty regularly in my career. But every so often, it's good to be reminded of what an amazing feeling it is to look at something and say, "I did that." The power to create is amazing and this one is totally on my highlight reel...

Franklin Hall at The Franklin Institute, April 5, 2012
Groundbreaking of Karabots Pavilion and my pretend birthday party!


I'm pretty certain that the folks over at Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales often find themselves sitting back and feeling pretty good about the beer that they are creating. I know I'm proud of their work because I find myself enjoying their beers fairly regularly.

The latest find is Luciernaga or The Firefly. It's a Belgian pale ale that pours a hazy, deep apricot color with a thick, fluffy white head. The smell reminds me of those jelly fruit candies that I remember from my childhood. I wish I could remember what they were called. Anyway the aroma is fruity but with an overlay of tartness. The flavor is metallic, dirt, earthy with tart lemon rind. There's a hint of tannins in there as well. Jolly Pumpkin can do no wrong in my book.
Beer Stats
Style: Belgian pale ale
ABV: 6.5%
IBUs: Unknown
Rating: Excellent

Previously reviewed from Jolly Pumpkin
Gary's review of E.S. Bam
My review of Madrugada Obscura and some crazy lady ranting about St. Patrick's Day
Gary actually has tried all the Bam bieres


No comments:

Post a Comment