Breweries "Visited"

Friday, February 1, 2013

Super Bowl Edition: Bal'mer

Day #419 Green Peppercorn Tripel / The Brewer's Art, Baltimore, MD
Previously from this brewery: we both sampled Resurrection as our first review of the adventure!

I hereby declare the weekend open for business, and hope you join me in celebrating its arrival.

With the new big-ass tv sitting in the living room, I'm genuinely looking forward to depositing myself on the couch this Sunday for the Super Bowl.  Yes, the game itself is over-hyped and I don't have much rooting interest, but I'm still on board.  Side note: there will be buffalo chicken dip involved, and this makes me delirious with glee.  With the Super Bowl in mind, I'm going to review a beer from Baltimore today, and one from San Francisco on Sunday.  Will the better beer determine the outcome of the game?  Yeah, probably not, but stranger things have happened, I guess.

Representing the Charm City is the Green Peppercorn Tripel from The Brewer's Art, located on Charles Street in the Mount Vernon neighborhood of Baltimore.  This beer is a clear, bright gold color with a lingering thin white head.  Your nose finds the aroma of yeast, spice, and fruit esters. When you take a sip, you meet up with a good dose of yeast, banana, bread, and some green apple, with a bunch of peppery spice throughout.  It has a nice, even, dry finish, but not as much sweetness or clove as you might find in a Belgian tripel.  This is a fine beer and one I encourage you to sample, particularly if you like a peppery bite in your beers.  It checks in at a potent 9.2% ABV, so watch yourself.  Don't want to drink too many and pass out before the halftime show.
I do love the 32oz Growler from Whole Foods
For those of you wondering, Charles Street separates Westside and Eastside Baltimore; very important for those of us who watch The Wire.  Maybe this is where the co-op met to discuss business?

Thing to Think About Today:
More clips from The Wire?  Yes, more clips from The Wire, because this is my favorite show of all time. ALL TIME!  To close things out today, I leave you with the 100 greatest quotes from the series.  To no one's surprise, this video isn't remotely safe for watching at work, unless you work for a company where it's completely kosher to curse at will in your cubicle.  You feel?

"Look the part, be the part, motherfucker."
- Prop Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment