Breweries "Visited"

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Dreams of Naps and Sand? Nice...

Day #567 Hopped Up 'N Horny / Horny Goat Brewing Company, Milwaukee, WI
Previously from this brewery: none; this is the first!

It's a Saturday, the sun appears to be shining, it's the summertime.... and I can't seem to get much motivation to get moving today.  Dang.  I'm not typically a beach guy, but I sort of wish I was at the beach right now, with my feet in the sand, taking a little cat nap.  That way I could actually take advantage of the nice weather, yet still manage to catch up on sleep.  This beach idea seems like a solid plan, right?  Someone go to the beach and plant some trees, then string up a hammock for me, because it seems like a hammock sort of day.

You're not here to read about me and my desire to be at the beach, you're here for the beer.  I can fix that. Today's offering came from a beermail trade - a bottle of Hopped Up 'N Horny from Horny Goat Brewing Company.  This IPA pours with a clear gold color, and wispy white head.  Up front you get aromas of lemon and pine, and when you take a sip you get traditional pine and citrus, but there's a healthy malt balance in there that provides a touch of sweetness.  It might be hopped up and horny, but this is a mellow IPA that doesn't try to beat you over the head with hops.  Good find, and happy to add another new brewery to the list.  Speaking of the list, you do know that you can see the running list of all breweries that have found their way onto these pages by clicking the "Breweries Visited" link at the top of the page, right?
Beer was good. This picture isn't
Horny Goat's website doesn't really tell the story of where the brewery came from, but they do have a brew pub, and.... a marina?  Good news for those living the boat life.  I'll bring my yacht rock mix, you grab the Horny Goat beer.

Thing to Think About Today:
I have a dream of taking a nap on the beach today, this brewery owns a marina.... I guess that leaves us with the Beach Boys, because Wouldn't It Be Nice?

"You know its gonna make it that much better / When we can say goodnight and stay together"

No comments:

Post a Comment