Breweries "Visited"

Monday, June 3, 2013

Day 541: Coronado BadaBing

I marked the final leg of my trip home by ticking off the reasons I will not visit various restaurants along the Main Line. This one has attempted to survive with the dumbest configuration ever. One restaurant on the street-side and another, not-so-successful one in the rear. Oddly the one on the street-side closed first. Go figure. I think the site is cursed and was gratified to see the next tenants making moves which look like they're leveling it and starting over. Hopefully they burn some sage at the site and rid it of its bad mojo.

There's the one that thinks prosciutto belongs in a sushi roll. No dice. There's the one that hires 19 year-olds to describe its relatively decent beer. Imagine how that goes. I could go on, but it's far too depressing.

One place that I'll definitely be revisiting is the Bainbridge Street Barrel House, however it's not a Main Line haunt. It's located at 6th and Bainbridge in Philadelphia. I missed their Coronado Brewing tap takeover on Saturday night, but managed to scarf up some leftovers at Sunday Funday. I started with the BadaBing cherry porter.

It poured a dark brown color ale with a thin but cream tan head. It had a cherry aroma with a little chocolate  thrown in. It drank with a thin mouthfeel but was quite flavorful. There's lots of bitter roast, solid amount of cherry and some coffee with a hint of cola now and again. Overall this is a great beer but it made me miss San Diego.

Beer stats
Style: Porter
ABV: 5.4%
IBUs: Unknown
Rating: Excellent

Previously reviewed from Coronado
Islander IPA by Mr. Blog Named Brew
Orange Avenue wit by me

No comments:

Post a Comment