Breweries "Visited"

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Bloody Good Time!

Day #558 Cockeyed Cooper / Uinta Brewing Company, Salt Lake City, UT
Previously from this brewery: HooDoo kolsch, more HooDoo kolsch, and another Cockeyed Cooper

Did you win a trophy today?  I'm not saying I did, but this thing seems to be sitting in my house:
SHAZAM, YO.
Spent the afternoon with the wonderful and dedicated people of the Red Cross, and now I'm sitting here trying to get some thoughts together for a post so I can get some sleep.  Would love to watch the NBA Finals game tonight, as there's nothing more exciting than a game seven, but that would put me up waaay past my bed time.  I'm playing basketball tomorrow at 6:30am, so something tells me sleep will be more valuable than watching a game I only have a marginal rooting interest in.

Your beer tonight is a bottle of Cockeyed Cooper, a bourbon barrel aged barley wine from Uinta Brewing. Yes, this isn't a typical summer beer, but I'm making an effort to try and clean up some of the beers that have been lingering in the fridge.  This one pours a dark mahogany with a thin tan head, and the aroma is a welcome mix of bourbon and vanilla.  The taste is a heady mix of leather, spice, caramel, and oak.  Complex and delicious, this beer improved as it warmed.  Excellent beer.
Ahoy.
This beer is from Uinta's Crooked Line, a series of adventurous, out of the ordinary beers.

Thing to Think About Today:
Courtesy of winning an award today, I desperately wanted to play the clip from Revenge of the Nerds where Ogre drinks out of a giant trophy and spews beer on the audience of the Greek Games.  Yeah, except for the fact Youtube doesn't let that video show up through blogger.com.  Pain in my ass.

So instead of a tie in to trophies, I will instead give you something blood drive related.  Say for example, Sunday Bloody Sunday.  Hey... that's sort of related.  I guess.  Go with it.....

No comments:

Post a Comment