Breweries "Visited"

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Shortest Post Ever? Maybe.

Beer #110 HooDoo Kolsch / Uinta Brewing Company, Salt Lake City, Utah

I hereby formally apologize for any perceived lack in quality from my blog posts this week.  It just hasn't been a good week to be on my game.  However, I vow that this will change.  In the mean time, here's today's beer.

This craptacular Thursday, it's my turn to sample the HooDoo Kolsch from Uinta Brewing.  This beer pours an effervescent cloudy yellow pour with a thin head.  The aroma is light, with notes of bread and earth.  The taste brings a light malt, with a bit of a nutty taste. Yeast, dry, grassy, earthy, but nothing that overpowers the senses.  In all, it's a pretty mellow place.  Sort of like Utah, I suppose.  Marci crossed this brewery off her list earlier this month, check it out HERE.  Definitely want to try some other beers from this brewery, but as of yet I've only seen the kolsch around these parts.  Hopefully that changes soon!



Kolsch is a great summer beer, but I think I'd rank this one behind Stoudt's Karnival Kolsch.  Definitely check that one out if you're in the market for a lighter beer that still packs a lot of flavor.

Thing to Think About Today:
Look, I've never been to Utah, although I hope to change that soon.  When I think of Utah, obviously I think of Mormons, but let's not forget that other famous Utah thing:  Johnny Utah, the lead character from that "so bad it's good" movie, Point Break.  Keanu Reeves and Patrick Swayze?  Sign me up!


I AM AN F-B-I AGENT!

No comments:

Post a Comment