Breweries "Visited"

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Beer 84: Founder’s Blushing Monk


Saturday started bright and early with Gary leaving for a work-related funeral. I had a meeting with a contractor about having our house resided.  A trip to the gym ensued as did some tomfoolery.  We started at Paramour in Wayne, Pennsylvania and ended up at Teresa’s Next Door -- go figure.

I’ll give kudos to Paramour - great beer list. You’ll be reading about a couple of their draughts this week.

But for tonight, I’m reviewing Founder’s Blushing Monk -- a framboise ale.  One sniff and I declared hella raspberries.  It was poured into a flute.  Very little head - what was there was pink and fluffy and dissipated quite quickly.  There were hints of Earl Grey tea.  This is a very fruit forward lambic.  It was tangy with a tart finish.  It finished with fruit and wasn’t the least bit bracing or dry.

What I would have loved to do with this one is pour it into a pint glass and drop a perfect scoop of very good vanilla ice cream into it…I imagine that would taste like raspberry flavored heaven!

On that note, I’m going to enjoy a lot of water and a Julia Roberts flick.  Gary, on the other hand, is going to pour himself a bourbon and wonder why he let me pick the movie tonight.  Ha. Marriage.  Take that, G!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment