Breweries "Visited"

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Tuesday: Shirts, Steak, Strong Dark Ale

Beer #101 Ename Cuvee / Brouwerij Roman, Oudenaarde, Belgium

Getting my hustle on tonight, which includes shopping for window pane plaid button down dress shirts (because that's pretty much all I wear) and hitting a steak house for dinner (shout out to my team for hooking me up at Christmas this year!).

That means you get the facts tonight.  And the fact is your beer for today is Ename Cuvee, a Belgian strong dark ale from Brouwerij Roman, which was on draft at Teresa's Next Door.  It pours a cloudy sort of amber, and has a faint malt aroma on the nose.  The taste has notes of bread and malt sweetness, with floral notes around the edges.  Not the greatest strong dark ale ever; I was expecting much more complexity and flavor from this one.  This being said, we have a bottle of another variety (Adriaen Brouwer) from this brouwerij, which we'll drink and see if it's any better.  Brouwerij of course means "brewery" to those not fluent in Dutch, like I am.  Marci also sampled this beer, check that out HERE.

Interesting fact: this brewery lives in the same hometown as Brouwerij Liefmans, which was beer #99.  Shout out to all my Oudenaarde peoples!

I had a picture of this beer, which comes in a Ename labeled glass at Teresa's, but my camera didn't save the picture.  Which seems odd.  So instead you get a picture of Flash enjoying nature in the yard.  He's not doing well this week, so hopefully some sunny weather will lift his spirits.
Chillin', chillin', mindin' my business...


Thing to Think About Today:
I have nothing to relate to the number of this post, the beer or brewery, or my evening destinations.  So, here's the song that was playing on the iPod when I drove home - Franz Ferdinand with some great summer weather and windows down driving music.  Turn it up.  Go ahead, you've earned it.


It's always better on holiday
So much better on holiday
That's why we only work when...
We need the money!

1 comment:

  1. Not about the beer but about the phone. Don't know what type of phone you have, but when I have over a certain number of pictures, new ones stop showing up in the gallery. I have to delete old ones and then restart my phone before the new ones show up.

    ReplyDelete