Breweries "Visited"

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Beer 91: Panil Barriquee or Teenage Awkwardness

It's amazing how some 9th and 10th graders could be so charming and entertaining, so comfortable in their own skin already, while others are awkward, spastic and generally asking for a punch in the chops.  But I did get a compliment from one of them on the centerpieces I created so I have that going for me.  He gets a gold star for the day.

***

Today I'm reviewing Panil Barriquee -- a Flanders red ale out of Italy.  This one was had at  Teresa's Next Door in Wayne (Pennsylvania).  As you can see from the photo, it's batch #12 from 2010. 

I would label the Panil Barriquee a great sour beer.  It poured a reddish brown color with a big, thick head.  It had hints of sour cherries and drank with the perfect amount of tartness while finishing nice and dry.  It had hints of funkiness in the nose but wasn't overwhelming.  I'd definitely recommend it as a good entry into the world of Flanders red ale.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment