Breweries "Visited"

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Beer 110: Sprecher Abbey Triple

Holy shit snacks!  I'm turning 37 in exactly one week.  I'm older than Star Wars.  And Saturday Night Live.  I'm older than Apple, Inc. and nowhere near as successful.  Like I said...holy shit snacks.

***

I'm starting the birthday extravaganza with an abbey triple from Sprecher Brewing Company in Wisconsin.  It pours a cloudy copper color with a thin head.  Traces of lacing were left behind as I sipped it.  The scent is bready and fruity.  The flavor is smooth, a bit fruity, and a touch flowery with lots of spice and definite alcohol overtones (8.1% ABV).  As I'm writing this, it's starting to sound a lot like yesterday's post.  Sadly this one isn't nearly as good as the Weyerbacher.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment