Breweries "Visited"

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Christmas in June

Beer #543 2XMAS / Southern Tier Brewing Company, Lakewood, NY
Previously from this brewery: Creme Brulee stout, Unearthly IPA 

Spent the day at the ballpark, thankfully watching the Phils pull out a late win against the hapless (except when they play the Phils) Miami Marlins.  Great day for a game, great time was had by all.

And with that short but sweet update, I'm getting right into the beer.  Tonight I decided to pull a beer out of the back corner of the fridge, a bottle of 2XMAS from Southern Tier.  There's apparently something called Christmas in July, so therefore I feel well within my right to have a Christmas beer in June.  In the glass, you see a dark amber hue, and are greeted by big aromas of spice - clove and nutmeg, predominantly.  When you take a sip, you find Christmas in a glass: cardamom, clove, nutmeg, ginger, and orange peel.  This is a tasty beer, but I'd like it quite more if I drank it in season, instead of in June.  Hey, can't win them all.  One less beer in the fridge, I say.
Ho, Ho, Hold on.... Christmas beer?
Thing to Think About Today:
Nothing says baseball like Christmas carols.  Paul McCartney, do you agree?  Of course you do, as we're simply having a Wonderful Christmastime.  Even in June.  Night, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment