Breweries "Visited"

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Dear Asshole,

Beer #5: Unearthly Imperial IPA/ Southern Tier Brewing Co, Lakewood NY
The world is a disaster - I'm convinced of this.  There are a myriad number of reasons: global warming, unemployment, religious strife, wealth disparity, terrorism, Newt Gingrich, the Kardashians.  We're totally screwed, right?  

This notion of impending doom is particularly on my mind today courtesy of the asshat who decided to hit the side mirror on my car last weekend.  Checked in with dad, we're looking at $800 for parts + labor, as I can't just replace the cover, but rather need to replace the entire mirror assembly.  Can I afford it, sure, and I have insurance to reduce that number, but it's the principle.  Own up to what you do, good or bad.  Mess up?  Solve it, don't drive away like a coward.  Society works best when we don't smash my mirror and drive away.

I often say that I like dogs more than I like people.  I'm not kidding.  Dogs are loyal.  And honest.  If a dog hit my mirror, he'd pony up $800 worth of Milkbones and own up to what he did.  Unlike the dipshit human who smacked my car.  

Beyond the rage of forking over money to pay for someone else's mistake, I had a very good day.  Out with some co-workers I love for a happy hour.  Home for take-out + today's beer, an IPA from Southern Tier.  Much more of a hop bite than yesterday's selection, and I'm enjoying it.  Despite seeing it appear on shelves near me more frequently this year, it took me a while to try Southern Tier.  Once I tried their products, I haven't found one I don't like.  Did the graphics on their label keep me away?  Being called "Southern" despite being from upstate NY?  Don't know, don't care.  Glad I came around.

Thing to Think About Today:
It came up randomly on the iPod today, and it has put me in a better mood since hearing that I get to pay money to fix someone else being a dick.  Of course I'm talking about John Denver and The Muppets doing the 12 Days of Christmas.  Awesome, right?  Sure! However, that's not your thing to think about today.  Instead, I leave you with Ode to Joy performed by Beaker.  Beethoven's masterpiece?  Beaker's magnum opus?  Yes to both. Indubitably. 

No comments:

Post a Comment