Breweries "Visited"

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Happy Hanukkah!

In celebration of the first night of Hanukkah, I've chosen He'Brew Genesis Ale.. I'll leave it up to your imagination to envision the sheer joy brought to me by Wegman's beer department when I spotted this beer knowing that Hanukkah was mere days away.

And finally the day is here for celebration and sampling. I won't lie. Based on the kitschy label and crazy website, I wasn't expecting much. But then today at lunch, I shared news of tonight's tasting and He'Brew got a great review. It's a light brown ale - akin to a Newcastle Brown Ale. It's smooth...not too much malt and not too much hop. There's some citrus flavor at first and it finishes slightly chocolatey. I could definitely drink a few of these.

In case you're wondering, I'm not Jewish. I'm just an equal opportunity imbiber. Here's to you, He'Brew...beer #10 of my adventure. L'Chaim!

1 comment:

  1. The Chosen Beer! Discovered it at GABF when we lived in Denver, then found it again for a New Year's out there.

    ReplyDelete