Breweries "Visited"

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Bee's Knees

I had no idea that phrase was British in origin until I Googled it to determine whether the said bee was plural or possessive. Yes, I am a nerd like that. (Sidebar: I also got in a *HEATED* debate first thing this morning about the possibility that at one point in time, two snowflakes were in fact identical. After quoting many facts about size and shape of dust particles, exponential possibilities of cloud height and formation, temperature and humidity variables and the gazillion possible combinations of these factors, I gave in by ceding it could be possible. I also mentioned that monkeys could fly out of my butt.) But I digress...

Tonight's beer is an ale brought to us by Fuller's Griffin Brewery. The organic Honey Dew is brewed with honey and it is delicious. It's a full-bodied ale with a strong but not overpowering scent of honey. The honey flavor is light and gives this ale an interesting twist. I wouldn't call myself a huge fan of ales, but this is one I never pass up.

Bees have had a tough run lately (read about it here). Let's hope those bees make it because Fuller's needs them.

I'm off to watch Horrible Bosses and enjoy the rest of this bottle.

p.s. Big shout out to Wegman's tonight. We just restocked our beer shelf for the next few nights and I still feel like a fat kid in the candy store every time I visit the beer section! Sheer happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment