Breweries "Visited"

Friday, December 30, 2011

Beer #20: Flying Dog Old Scratch Amber Lager

I just ate enough horseradish and wasabi to kill a rhino.  Here's hoping that my tastebuds are a hearty group of cells and don't fail me on my review of Flying Dog's Old Scratch amber lager.

Why did I pick this one?  One look at the label should explain it all.  What isn't shown in this picture is a quote from Hunter S. Thompson.  Dogs, gonzo journalism, the opportunity to consider Johnny Depp's acting skills...wait, what was I talking about?!?

Oh yeah, beer.  The very marrow of my existence for the next 350-odd days.  Old Scratch is good.  It's mellow, low ABV at 5.5% and just downright drinkable.  I would take this to my tailgate and enjoy it with friends.  It's got a good mix of flavors -- malt, a little bit of sweetness.  It's not going to challenge you, but it will hang out with you and enjoy a lazy Friday afternoon.

Once you're done reading here, go check out the story behind Flying Dog here.  It won't disappoint.

Until tomorrow, friends...when I wrap up Week 3 with Beer #21...what will it be? Will New Year's Eve play into the selection?  Be patient, grasshopper.  Hopefully good things are in store for us!

Update:  Big shout out to my little sister who is celebrating a birthday today!  Happy birthday, kiddo!  Keep on blogging.

1 comment:

  1. "I'd describe my drinking on the upper end of social"

    Thompson is a great patron saint!

    ReplyDelete