Breweries "Visited"

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Well, at least I tried.

Beer #7: Jandrain-Jandrenouille IV Saison/ Brasserie de Jandrain-Jandrenouille, Jandrain-Jandrenouille, Belgium
I know what you're thinking: "this blog is totally the most awesome thing to ever happen to the internet!  But I wish the beer list was a bit more adventurous.  I mean, Victory?  Yards?  Brooklyn?  What's next, Yuengling?  Call me when they drink something not sold at the Wegman's in Malvern."

Consider it done.  You have any Jandrain-Jandrenouille in your fridge at home?  No?  Didn't think so.

Spent the afternoon at TJ's Everyday in Paoli, where they have 36 beers on draft and a wealth of other great options by the bottle.  Figured a farmhouse ale would be a nice, light & flavorful way to get the day started.   Eh... not entirely.  Tried a new beer that I've never sampled before from a brewery that I've never heard of before (as it turns out, the brewery is only 3 years old).  For a saison, it was fairly underwhelming.  It lacked any great flavor, really, and came off as slightly bitter but rather nondescript.  I was expecting a bit more, and it made me sad that I could have had something else for my hard earned dollar.  Such is the fate of the beer adventurer, I suppose.  Next time I want a saison, I'll grab a Saison Dupont instead.

Thing To Think About Today:
While sitting at the bar, we managed to catch a some college basketball on tv.  This is the first hoops I've seen from the young season (Temple vs. Texas).  I've been playing basketball since I was 8 or 9, and I still love the sport.  So, we'll leave you with maybe the best call from one of the best announcers ever, Bill Raftery.  Send it in, Jerome!  I love Gus Johnson, but Bill is old school at it's finest.


2 comments:

  1. Be sure to try 16 Mile out of DE, 3 styles and all very good.

    STL

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a Pitt hoops fan nothing better than the Raftery call as the backboard shatters. Still remember it live as a young kid watching on tv. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete