Breweries "Visited"

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Closest thing to church today: Reverend Run

Beer# 15  Żywiec/ Browar Żywiec, Żywiec, Poland
Christmas has always been a fun holiday for me.  I have memories of coming downstairs to find a mountain of presents under the tree, spending time with family and friends, food, and laughter.  Our little tradition in recent years is to not leave the house on Christmas day, with the exception of going out to get Chinese food.  Christmas is hectic with shopping, wrapping, baking, parties, and travel, so we decided a few years back to keep one day where we just unwind by ourselves.  So far, we're off to a good start today: Marci made some apple cinnamon pancakes and I poured some Bloody Marys.  Looking forward to the rest of the day filled with beer, movies, General Tso, and relaxation.  On deck: Bridesmaids, Crazy Stupid Love, 30 Minutes or Less, and The Wire/Season 5/disc 1.

The beer today is Żywiec, a light tasting lager from Poland that brought a bit of hops along the way.  Taste of grass or grain but lacks a real punch, although the bottle sports a pretty sweet logo.  Beer giant Heineken now owns a stake in the brewery's operations, which likely helps their distribution.

Is this the best beer I'll drink this year?  No, but I still love it.  Żywiec has created a fond memory of spending Christmas Eve with my extended family (the Polish side, obviously) at my mom's house.  We're occasionally an odd bunch when we all get together, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Hopefully everyone is spending the weekend making lasting memories with their friends and loved ones as well.  Na Zdrowie!

Thing to Think About Today:
I don't even qualify this as a Christmas carol, because I listen to this song all year.  Christmas, as only Run-DMC can do it....

....and to all, a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment