Breweries "Visited"

Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Day When Giant Balls Drop

Beer# 21 Bengali Tiger/ Sixpoint Craft Ales, Brooklyn, NY
And so we come to the end.  Of 2011, not this blog or anything more drastic than that.  I'm not one for resolutions, so I'm heading into 2012 with the same list of things I want to do every year:
  • Do more for other people
  • Don't be so lazy
  • Run more/play basketball more/exercise more
  • Learn something new
If I'm managing to keep that list in check, I'll be doing okay in 2012.

The last beer of 2011 goes to Sixpoint, and we're going with their American IPA.  In the glass it has an orange-y copper color. Good example of what you get from an IPA, as this beer packs a floral aroma and a strong hop flavor.  Paired it with Mexican food; nice compliment to the spice of my dinner.  Haven't talked about the science behind beer here much with the exception of ABV, but I'll likely start mentioning IBU scores - a measure of bitterness within a beer.  When you hear someone talking about a very hoppy beer, the chances are the IBU score will be higher.  Bengali Tiger checks in with an IBU score of 66, an average score for an IPA.

Extra bonus: it comes in a 16oz can, so you can get the satisfaction of knocking back a pounder.... of great beer!  One of the interesting trends in craft beer has been the adoption of the can instead of a bottle.  First beer I've sampled on the list that arrived in a can, but certainly won't be the last.  Although it may be the only pounder on the list unless another craft brewery steps up their game a bit...

Thing to Think About Today:
Basketball + beer pong + PSU + Magic Johnson voice over + multi-angle cam =


I have no idea what this has to do with anything other than I was considering how the NYE parties of my youth have morphed into the quasi-mature gatherings of my 30's.  Oh, to be young again.  There are some days I wish we had digital cameras and social media when I was in college.  There are other days I'm extremely grateful there is limited video evidence of my youth. 

Best wishes for a safe and happy evening, and a prosperous 2012.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go finding a video I haven't seen 100 times before and one that made me laugh out loud. I'm also impressed that this wasn't filmed at your fraternity house! And way to beat me to posting first today.

    ReplyDelete