Breweries "Visited"

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Beer #15: Lancaster Brewing's Winter Warmer or Jesus Christ, I'm Insanely Picky

I suppose I'm starting to compile a bunch of resolutions for New Year's Eve already because I've been spending A LOT of time recently noting that I am freakishly picky about things. I've stressed myself out over having the appropriate holiday or winter themed beer to review for this weekend. I have a very strong opinion on twist-style pens versus a pen with a cap. The correct answer is a pen with a cap and yes, my ridiculously sweet and thoughtful husband and I will be trading in the really beautiful but twist-style pen he bought for me tomorrow. The man is a saint. Seriously.

Maybe in 2012 I'll learn to relax a little. Who knows...

What I do know is that I picked a winner for today's beer: Lancaster Brewing Company's Winter Warmer. I'm learning that I like BIG beers with big ABVs. Maybe it's an efficiency thing...one or two and I'm feeling fine? Maybe it's an "I drank light, water-like swill in college and am making up for lost time" thing. Whatever the answer, I like this beer.

It's deep dark brown in my glass. It's sweet and roasted in my nose. I taste caramel, malt and it finishes with just a bit of bite.

Gary and I visited Lancaster Brewing Company this summer. If you are anywhere remotely nearby, please visit. The beer is amazing and the food did not disappoint. And the brewery has quite an interesting history that you can read here. When visiting places like Lancaster Brewing, I love to order the beer sampler. Great way to get to taste their wares. Let's just say it was a very good thing that I wasn't driving after experiencing their sampler:

Wow.  Just wow.



And on that note, merry happy holiday!


No comments:

Post a Comment