Breweries "Visited"

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Beer #19: Klokke Roeland or Proof I Have Freakishly Small Hands

When I wrote this, there were approximately five hours separating me from another four day weekend.  It's nice being able to kill one of those hours by spending lunch writing instead of stressing about work. 

Since I have dinner plans this evening, I'm tapping (ha!) into one of my reserve reviews from a recent visit to Teresa's Next Door in Wayne, Pennsylvania.  If you happen to follow me on Twitter, you know you can find me there entirely too often!  For the past two weeks or so, they've been pouring from Brouwerij van Steenberge (Belgium).  This is awesome because you can only get this one at a very limited number of bars in the U.S.  Gary sampled one of the other options and wrote about here.

Klokke Roeland is a whopper coming in at 11% ABV.  It's served in an oversized snifter that I needed two hands to grasp since the stem of the glass was made for Andre the Giant.  This beer is worth pursuing if you are a fan of Belgian strong dark ales.  It has a mighty head and beautiful darkened amber liquid.  It tastes of caramel and Belgian beer sugar.  It was warming but not overly sweet.  I noticed undertones of fruit but it was not at all fruity.  Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment