Breweries "Visited"

Monday, June 24, 2013

Day 562: Deschutes Twilight

I wish this beer was waiting for me when I got home tonight, but alas, I drank the last of the case a few days ago. With temperatures soaring into the 90s and humidity at an unbearable (at least for me) level, this really would have been the perfect beer with which  to wrap up my day. Instead I'm typing like a fiend between work and yoga hoping that I'm not going to be late for class. 

Deschutes Brewery's beers are just now making their way to the East Coast and I couldn't be happier. I had the good fortune to visit their Portland (Oregon) brew pub last summer, but was left jonesing for their beer for the past twelve months. Lucky for me, a new distribution deal with signed and I'm starting to see more and more offerings from Deschutes around the area!

Twilight is their summer ale. It pours a slightly hazy golden brew with a medium light beige head. It smells like beer. There's some lemon, but overall just a robust beer aroma. The flavor is well-balanced with the malts being just slightly more pronounced. There's a mild sweetness to it as well. It has a medium mouthfeel with a nice mild hop finish. This is a very easy drinking beer.

Beer stats
Style: Golden or blonde ale
ABV: 5%
IBUs: 35
Rating: Excellent

Previously reviewed from Deschutes
My review of Sour Raz
His review of Twilight, Saison de Poivre

No comments:

Post a Comment