Breweries "Visited"

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Beer 200: Holy @#$*!, It's Beer 200

I cannot believe that I've been doing this for 200 days.  I have drank so much beer...

In honor of the 200th posting, I've decided it's high time to review what's hanging out in the Marci Top 25 list. As I start to compile that list, I have a sneaky suspicion that there may be way more than 25 breweries represented.  Not good when I haven't done my Russian River review -- it's coming soon -- and there's still 165 posts to go.

These are in no particular order.

  1. Firestone Walker 14th Anniversary Ale
  2. Mestreechts Aajt Flanders Oud Bruin
  3. Revolution Cider
  4. Schneider Weisse Mein Grunes (saison)  Something else had to go.
  5. Saison d'Erpe Mere
  6. Saison Dupont   I've had more unique saisons.
  7. Uncommon Brewers Baltic Porter
  8. Chimay Grande Reserve
  9. St. Somewhere Saison Athene Off the list...the review wasn't as enthusiastic as others.
  10. Emelisse Imperial Russian Stout
  11. Leelanau's Good Golden Harbor (biere de garde)
  12. Ayinger Weizen Bock
  13. Jolly Pumpkin Madrugada Obscura (sour stout)
  14. del Ducato L'Ultima Luna (barleywine)
  15. Petrus Aged Pale
  16. Delirium Tremens  Making more room...
  17. Leipziger Gose
  18. LoverBeer Madamin (sour) I admited it tasted a bit watery compared to other sours.
  19. Abbaye du Val-Dieu Grand Cru Belgian Abbey Ale
  20. New  Holland Dragon's Milk (stout)
  21. Duchesse de Bourgogne Flanders Red Ale
  22. Duvel Belgian Golden Ale
  23. Left Hand Milk Stout
  24. Southern Tier Creme Brulee Stout
  25. Ommegang Aphrodite (fruit beer)
  26. Anchorage Love Buzz Saison 
  27. 1809 Berlinerweisse
  28. Allagash Interlude (wild ale)
 Just as I suspected...now I edit.  And now there are 23 beers on the list. 

***

Tonight I'm reviewing Deschutes Sour Raz.  It is an American wild ale brewed in Bend, Oregon.  It unfortunately was not one of the breweries we were able to visit on our vacation.

It poured a light brown with a reddish tint.  (That picture is awful in terms of color.  It smells of sour fruit. The taste is light raspberry, malt and coppery hops.  Is coppery hops a thing?  It is now.

I also just noticed that this beer isn't listed on Deschutes' webpage. Is that strange, no?

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment