Breweries "Visited"

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Beer 187: Finally The Bruery

The anticipation of this trip delayed some significant gratification when it came certain breweries. One of them was The Bruery's Hottenroth.


Weighing in at a very drinkable ABV of 3.1%, this is a great California beer. I love that Berliner Weiss is starting to become more mainstream. This one poured a hazy yellow with a very short lived white head.

The scent was strong lemon that carried into the taste. It's bright and refreshing. As I made my way to the midway point of the glass, I noticed a slightly chalky thing happening with the flavor. It wasn't off putting, just interesting.

The Bruery seems to be doing a lot in the way of brett-heavy or sour ales. Now that I've officially crossed them off the list, I'll be on the lookout for more offerings. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment