Breweries "Visited"

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Beer 178: More Real Ale?!?

As I was rocking out on my drive home tonight, I realized that when David Lee Roth shouts, "I've got my pencil", he's probably not taking about his pencil...is he? Chew on that for awhile.

I've managed to find another real ale to drink tonight. You may recall that it didn't go so well last time.. Tonight's real ale is brewed by Atlantic Brewing Company. It's advertised as being handcrafted in small batches and is best enjoyed fresh. I don't think this one was fresh based on the amount of head that exploded out of the bottle and the fact that the best enjoyed before label ended with 2010.



The Bar Harbor real ale looks like cola in the glass. It smells a bit of toasted malt otherwise is very mild. It tastes burnt in a bad way. It's also watery and kind of gross. Advertised as an English brown ale, it doesn't deliver. There are far superior examples out there.

I'm out of here...tonight is a tap takeover by New Holland at Teresa's Next Door and there is a flight of sour beer with my name all over it. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment