Breweries "Visited"

Monday, June 11, 2012

Beer 184: Tilquin Gueuze and Vacation Countdown

At 6:08 p.m., I tweeted that there was only a cocktail party standing between me and vacation. Now I realize this post is also standing between me and vacation. I'm tempted to write something like, "Mmm. Beer. Good. Sour. Mmm."


Tilquin Gueuze is an exceptional example of a Gueuze. It's brewed at the Gueuzerie Tilquin in Belgium. It ended up at our house thanks to the "Sour Power" event at Whole Foods this weekend.

It poured a slightly hazy shade of amber, very little head. It smells sour and doughy with just a hint of malt sweetness. The flavor is potently sour...like lip puckering sour. Lots of tingly tongue sensations and a bit of mineral in the finish. Overall it is fantastic!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment