Breweries "Visited"

Friday, June 22, 2012

Beer 195: Drake's Hefeweizen and Napa

I'm hitting up our time machine for this review. This is the last beer we drank in wine country. Drake's Hefeweizen was had in Napa at Grace's Table. Grace's Table is all about sustainable and local food and it shows. I had an ahi salad and it was fantastic.

Drake's is brewed in San Leandro (CA). The bottle tells me they're a brewery that is grittier than prettier and I kind of like that idea. Who cares where the beer comes from...as long as it's good. This one has an ABV of 4.5 percent. It pours a hazy straw color with little to no head. The smell is wheat. The flavor is light bananas but I had to go look for that flavor. There is good side to it. Is it a great beer? No. But it's decent and went well with my lunch.



p.s. If you're debating between visiting Napa and Sonoma, I'd pick Sonoma. Way more laid back and a bit of a hippy, earthy thing happening. Napa was fancy. Fancy people. Fancy cars. If you're from my neighborhood...imagine that great wine was made in Bryn Mawr. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment