Breweries "Visited"

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Back Home, Back to Work

Beer #197  Snarling Badger / Grand Teton Brewing Company, Victor, ID

We're back home after an amazing vacation.  Felt good to sleep in my own bed last night and shower in my own bathroom this morning.  Didn't have much jet lag on this trip, but I'm definitely thrown off on when I should be eating meals and going to bed.  I helped solve that problem with a glorious two hour nap this afternoon.

Today's beer is the Snarling Badger from Grand Teton Brewing Company, and came on draft at the Hops & Hominy restaurant in San Francisco.  It poured a hazy apricot color in the glass with virtually no head, and gave off aromas of bread and orange.  The taste gives you bananas, orange, cloves, and bread.  Very tasty, and checks in at a relatively potent 7.5%  ABV.  This delightful beer is a limited release offering from the brewery as part of their cellar series, so if you can't find this definitely sample whatever else you can find from Grand Teton.

Badgers? We don't need no stinkin' badgers!

This brewery originated in Wyoming in 1989 as Otto Brothers' Brewery, and moved to their new home in Idaho in 1998, at which point the name changed to the current Grand Teton.

Thing to Think About Today:
I just went two weeks without thinking about work.  To say I'm not excited about tomorrow being Monday is an enormous understatement.  Therefore, I'll let Sir Bob Geldof close out Sunday with his wildly appropriate song, I Don't Like Mondays:



No comments:

Post a Comment