Breweries "Visited"

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Get Stung

Day #547 Stingray Point IPA / Coronado Brewing Company, San Diego, CA
Previously from this brewery: Orange Avenue Wit, Golden, BadaBing, Islander IPA

I'm wide awake on a quiet Sunday morning, so I figure I'll spend some time blogging.  Might as well be productive instead of just watching videos of cats playing the piano, right?  I'm sure there's a million other things I could do around the house that need to be done, but..... it's either cats playing the piano or blogging.  So here we go.
Play him off, Keyboard Cat!
Oh, right.... I said I was blogging.  My bad.  Your beer for the day is a Stingray Point IPA from Coronado Brewing.  You see an bright gold hue, with a thin but persistent white head.  The aroma is more sweet than I'd expect from an IPA.  The taste has traditional IPA elements like grapefruit, lemon, and pine, with a dry, bitter finish.  However there's more of that sweetness tucked inside, with notes of honey coming through.  Not a bad beer, if you're looking for an IPA that doesn't punch you in the face with hops.

Shazam.
This beer doesn't show up on Coronado's website, but from some quick internet research it looks like this was a one-off beer which was named for a secret bayside point only locals seem to know about.  Seeing how my beer didn't come with a map, I'm guessing this place might still be a secret to tourists.

Thing to Think About Today:
I guess Stingray Point gets you..... Sting?  Well, Sting and the rest of The Police, anyway.  Why not kick off your Sunday with something fun, such as this fun live version of So Lonely from 1979.

No comments:

Post a Comment