Breweries "Visited"

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Bear-ly Getting this One Done

Beer #395 Black Bear Porter / Timber Creek Tab and Table, Meadville, PA
Previously from this brewery: Marci's review of Black Bear Porter

It's been a long day, and I am finally just getting to sit down in front of a computer and type.  I'll keep this brief, as I need to get caught up on some old episodes of Gossip Girl.  Don't hate; it's a sensational show.  The Chuck Bass character is an all-time great, and Leighton Meester goes in my Top 5 list without a doubt.

Up tonight is a glass of Black Bear Porter from Timber Creek Tap and Table.  Before I even sample this one, I can assure you this beer will be delicious.  Why the certainty, you ask?  Easy - this beer was given to me as a Christmas gift by a dear friend.  Beer makes a wonderful gift, people!!!  This beer is black, with fluffy tan head that settles down in time.  There's an aroma of lightly toasted malt, an the taste gives you notes of oatmeal, toasted malt, some mild bitterness, and a clean finish.  My kind of porter!
The Park's closed.
The bear out front should have told you.
Timber Creek has been open for less than a year, and already cranking out some great beers.  Next time I'm in Meadville (whenever that might be), I'd love to stop by to visit in person.

Thing to Think About Today:
In honor of bear named after a black bear, allow us to close things out tonight with some Black Sheep.  Close enough, right?  We're wrapping up with The Choice is Yours:  Good night, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment