Breweries "Visited"

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Day 396: The One That Got Away (from you) at Tired Hands

If you are any where in southeastern Pennsylvania, you need to get yourself to Tired Hands Brewing Company. In fact, you need to get yourself to Tired Hands Brewing Company on a regular basis. Why, you ask? Because they are brewing some amazing beer, but in very limited quantities--twelve kegs at a time per their website. 

Their beers range from inspired saisons to great big IPAs that make you think you're imbibing on the West Coast. While they do have a few beers that are mainstays on their menu, most often I fall in love with the ones that are much more ephemeral.

Take Good Good Things for example. It's a sour IPA that I drank back on December 15. What I should have done is reviewed it straight away so you had a chance to experience it for yourself. Instead I got caught up in the beers of the moment in the days since then and now Good Good Things is a distant memory. Oh the difficult life of the beer blogger. But a quick review of what's up next at Tired Hands certainly doesn't disappoint. There's at least three beers on that list that I'm eager to try.

Good Good Things poured a very cloudy apricot color with a thick ecru head. The flavor is tart with lots of hops, the taste of pith and some nice lemon. The smell is earthy, a little funky. There is a solid sour sharpness to the flavor, which I loved and it has an intense hop bite at the finish. It kept getting me right at the back of my tongue.  There was also something very organic in the smell that I couldn't put my finger on. I wrote down bark in my notes. Good Good Things was definitely a winner in my book.

Beer stats Style: Sour IPA
ABV: 6.2%
IBUs: Unknown

Rating: Excellent

Previously reviewed from Tired Hands
Gary's review of Good Good Things
Gary's first visit to Tired Hands where he tried the Fripp and caught hell from me for not including me on the trip
My review of Trois Enfants with a side of wistful writing about my love of Philadelphia

No comments:

Post a Comment