Breweries "Visited"

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Chuck Bass and Brown Ale

Day #413 Four / Freetail Brewing Company, San Antonio, TX
Previously from this brewery: my review of Woodicus, and Marci's review of Ananke

Another Saturday has arrived at Blog Named Brew Manor, and I feel very comfortable in my own skin so I feel no shame in telling you that I spent a fair part of my morning catching up on missed episodes of Gossip Girl.  Sure, other grownups might be doing home improvement projects today, or whatever normal grownups do, but I prefer to spend my day off binge watching a show aimed at tweens.  What can I say, I like what I like.

Have no fear, I also like beer, so today's review is a look back to Texas, with a review of Four, a brown ale from Freetail Brewing.  This beer sports a mahogany hue with ruby hints and virtually no head.  Your nose finds aromas of cocoa and malt, an the taste gives you notes of dark chocolate, spice, and caramel malt sweetness, with some hops balance to keep things honest. Like caramel?  Like chocolate?  Like beer?  Do you find yourself in or near San Antonio (because the distribution network for breweries in Texas is fairly awful)?  Then please order this beer, and you can thank me later.
Glamour shot

This beer is named in honor of Freetail's fourth anniversary.  No idea if they intend to name a beer after every anniversary going forward, but then again I never really asked.


Thing to Think About Today:
Okay, so why do I watch a show aimed at the demographic a solid generation younger than I am?  Two reasons:  Chuck Bass and Chuck Bass (okay, fine, Chuck Bass and the lovely Leighton Meester, who plays Blair, Chuck's love interest).  Bass, played splendidly by Ed Westwick, is the dapper, debonair, confident, Scotch drinking, risk taking, scheming, ignored son of a billionaire, who manages to run a business empire and be the biggest playboy in town, all before his 21st birthday.  In other words, he's just like me!!!

The highlight of any episode?  Chuck uttering his catch phrase, "I'm Chuck Bass....", which at various times serves as a means of introduction, a command, a threat, and the most succinct version of, "Do you know who the fuck I am?" I've ever heard.  His highlight reel, for those unfamiliar, is how we're closing out today.

"We don't need tickets.  I'm CHUCK BASS."

No comments:

Post a Comment