Breweries "Visited"

Friday, January 25, 2013

Day 412: La Rulles Cuvee Meilleurs Voeux

I've used all my brain power today being strategic and pretending to be a leader. I have nothing left for you guys. My creativity is all tapped out. I promise to do better for the next installment.

For today's installment, let's talk Brasserie Artisanale la Rulles's Cuvee Meilleurs Voeux. A Belgian dark ale brewed in Belgium. I had this one ages ago at TJ's Restaurant
It pours a deep brown shade with ruby highlights around the edges where the light penetrates. It has a very thick light tan head.  It smells of malt and candy sugar--very clean and crisp. It has a thin mouthfeel. There's lots of rich malt in the flavor and a nice spiciness. I noticed some dark fruit but it didn't define the beer at all for me. The Cuvee Meilleurs Voeux is a nice Belgian strong dark ale, but there's nothing particularly outstanding about it. Would I drink it again? Sure. Will I go crazy trying to find it? No.

Beer stats 
Style: Belgian strong dark ale
ABV: 7.3%
IBUs: Unknown
Rating: Average

Previously reviewed from xxx
My thoughts on La Grande, a strong pale ale
A review of Estivale (Belgian pale ale)by Gary

No comments:

Post a Comment