Breweries "Visited"

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Oh Hi There, 2013

Day #388 Good Good Things / Tired Hands Brewing Company, Ardmore, PA
Previously from this brewery: my take on Fripp, Marci's review of Trois Enfants

I sent 2012 out with a bang yesterday and welcomed in 2013... by laying around the house, watching movies and football, and writing about beer (of course!).  I hope you all had a good evening, and hopefully your resolutions haven't run off the rails already.  In my last post of 2011, I hoped 2012 would see me accomplish four things: Do more for other people, don't be so lazy, exercise more, and learn something new.  Unwritten at the time but still a goal was to finish the 366 challenge.

I think I did very well on that list.  You probably don't care to have me run down the hits and misses, so I won't, but I think I'm going to carry the spirit of those four items forward into 2013, with some additions.  Therefore, in 2013 I hope to:
  • Spend more time with the people I care about
  • Do a better job of sharing my time and talent with organizations/people who are in need
  • Keep exercise as a priority throughout the year (particularly the winter months)
I'm sure there are other things I could add to that list, but I think that's a good start for the year.  And our first beer of the year comes from the oh so wonderful and ever so pretentious Tired Hands.  They recently had Good Good Things on draft, a sour IPA.  I haven't run into too many sour IPAs in my travels, and I love sours and IPAs, so this was a must sample for me.  In the glass, this beer has a hazy dark orange color, and gives off a tart aroma, with some light citrus and pine.  When you take a sip, there's a tart sourness right up front, with tons of orange and grapefruit in the middle, and a nice bitter finish.  An absolutely delightful beer.

Tired Hands produces great beers, and my only (small) complaint is that they rotate in new beers so quickly, you never get to revisit really good beers.  There's a fair chance they may never brew this beer again, which is unfortunate.  I wish they would slow down the perpetual motion machine and just bring back some of the really great beers they make rather than continually rolling out new experiments.
Good?  Good!
If you get the chance to visit Tired Hands in person, do not leave without ordering the candied bacon.  It's quite fantastic.

Thing to Think About Today:
Obligatory song for the day here on New Year's Day.  Worth a watch just to see Bono's early 80's hair.  To all of you reading this, may 2013 bring you good health, good fun, prosperity, and tons of good beer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8BtB4C3Vi8

"I want to be with you be with you night and day / Nothing changes on New Year's Day"

No comments:

Post a Comment