Breweries "Visited"

Friday, January 18, 2013

Love and Horses

Day #405 Hundred Horse Ale / Victory Brewing Company, Downingtown, PA
Previously from this brewery: All things Victory from this blog

Tonight is short and sweet, because you should all be having a drink and relaxing, kicking of a long weekend in style.  So, I won't bore you with the details of my day, other than to say it ended better than it started and I'm quite happy to have some time away from my desk.  Work tends to happen there, whereas beer tends to happen other places.

Tonight's review is the Hundred Horse Ale from Victory Brewing Company.  I took a growler of this home from Victory from a recent visit, and it pours a clear dark copper, with a lingering thin white head.  The aroma is light, with some toasted malt, and the taste is dry and smooth, with lightly toasted malt, grain, and some good chestnut flavor.  Very good beer, and worth a sample if you see it on draft in Philly, or Chicago.

Hundred Horses
This beer is a collaboration between Victory and Mark Vetri, famous Philly restaurant owner.  This was created for a special beer dinner Vetri and his chefs from Alla Spina were doing at a restaurant in Chicago, The Publican.  Got all of that?  I don't either, but the beer was good, and Vetri gave me a great meatball recipe to use, so I'm just going to stop thinking about it.

Thing to Think About Today:
I heard some great music today, and have had New Edition stuck in my head as a result.  I love when a great old(er) song pops up, and immediately brings you back to a happy time from your youth.  So, on a fun Friday night, let's go ahead and wrap things up with some If It Isn't Love.  And to all, a very good night!


"So if it isn't love, why do I feel this way / why does she stay on my mind?"

No comments:

Post a Comment