Breweries "Visited"

Monday, January 21, 2013

Day 408: NXNW Sampler and Some Rambling

Texas Beer Week hits its second to last installment with a review of NXNW. It was the first Texas beer that I found upon our arrival and I maximized my time there with the sampler.

The Northern Light is a great session beer. It pours a bright golden color with barely any head. It's a little bready with a hint of hops.

The Bavarian hefeweizen is a traditional German wheat beer. It pours an opaque lemonade color. No strong aroma, but has great banana and clove flavors. Excellent.

Then there was the Duckabish amber. It poured a clear amber color. It was very malty and creamy.

I also tasted the Jingo pale ale, Okanogan black ale and something aged in Jack Daniels' barrels. I didn't write any notes on those samples.

Perhaps I need to work on my writing dedication when I'm sampling the sampler. I tend to fall apart when I have more than a few beers to review. In lieu of good beer reviews, I share my photos of UT's campus and a great chicken trailer we found on South Congress Avenue.

Ms. P's Electric Cock. I kid you not. We should have bought the t-shirts.
UT's campus. Two balls. Seriously?
And the had the nerve (balls?) to tell me
not to photograph the balls.

Me and a wishing well.  What did I wish for?
More beer.
I'm throwing my year 2 format out the window because this is one of my more disjointed posts in awhile. If Mr. Blog Named Brew finds his notes, then perhaps we'll formalize this mess.

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment