Breweries "Visited"

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Beer 231: Dolii Raptor Ale

Today's post will be short and sweet. I'm about to go celebrate good friends who just got married today. The business is out of the way and it's about to be party time!


For now I'm biding my time by toasting the new bride and groom with the Dolli Raptor from Birrificio Montegioco. It's brewed in Italy and per the label, it is a special edition ale matured in Dupont calvados oak barrels.

It poured a hazy apricot tinged amber color with an off white head that quickly faded away. The scent is very light....kind of a slightly sweet oak aroma. The flavor starts out very reminiscent of a Gueuze...a strong tart aroma and flavor as the smell hits my nose and the beer hits my taste buds. It quickly reveals a nice round oak and finishes with just a hint of earthy funk.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment