Breweries "Visited"

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Shakes from the Crypt

Beer #318 Cryptical / Starr Hill Brewery, Crozet, VA

Another basketball game tonight, another loss.  Hey, at least I'm burning calories, right?  I think I need to make up for all that over-exertion by eating all of the food in the fridge for dinner.  OH WAIT, THAT'S RIGHT.  Courtesy of some recent beer/brewery stockpiling, there's legitimately no room in the fridge for food.  I mean, there's some food, if we're counting condiments, pickles (homemade!), and cheese as food - which I often do.  If not.... yeah.  I'm occasionally a terrible grown up.  I admit this freely.

I'll punish myself for my lack of positive adult role modeling by reviewing Cryptical, an Imperial Stout from Starr Hill Brewery.  This one has a dark black hue, with a thick tan head.  Your nose finds a smoky, toasted malt aroma, and the taste is bitter, with burnt malt and tons of smoky flavor.  Clean and dry finish, and brings a 7.5% ABV to the party.  If you're looking for a potent stout with tons of smoky, toasty malt, look no further.  If you're not looking for that, why on Earth are you considering ordering an Imperial Stout?
Looks like it tastes.
This brewery has been a player in the Charlottesville, VA since 1999, and moved to a larger facility just outside of town in 2005.  Check it out next time you're in the neighborhood.

Thing to Think About Today:
Seeing how Halloween is nearly upon us, I thought I might tie in a Tales from the Crypt reference in here, but I'm really not a big fan of the horror genre.  So... if we're talking Cryptical.... yeah... it's time for Mystikal!  See what I did there?  I highly don't encourage you hitting this video at work, unless your employer really, truly likes it when you Shake Ya Ass.

"Shake ya ass... but watch ya' self!"

No comments:

Post a Comment