Breweries "Visited"

Monday, April 15, 2013

Day 492: Bacchus Flanders

Writing tonight feels frivolous in light of what's happening in Boston. It's disheartening that something like a marathon is marred by lunacy. I can't stop thinking about how the Boston Marathon is a dream for so many people. This is stupid and senseless violence. I'm not sure if I'll ever understand it.

Keep those runners and spectators in your thoughts. I know I will.

***
Tonight's beer review is of Brouwerij Van Honsebrouck's Bacchus--a Flanders oud bruin.



It poured looking like a ruby-tinged cola with a thin pale tan head. It's smell is light sour cherry. Given its look, I was expecting more balsamic vinegar. It drank with a thinness but was surprisingly carbonated. It tasted like a tart cherry soda water with mineral notes. 

Beer stats
Style: Flanders oud bruin
ABV: 4.5%
IBUs: Unknown
Rating: Average 

Previously reviewed from Van Honsebrouck
Mr. Blog Named Brew's review of  the St. Louis Fond Tradition (geueze)
My review of Kasteel Rouge from way back on December 17, 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment