Breweries "Visited"

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Suit Up

Beer #484 West Coast IPA / Green Flash Brewing Company, San Diego, CA
Previously from this brewery: we have some Le Freak, Le Freak (so chic), Palate Wrecker, Imperial IPA, top 25 selection Rayon VertLinchpin IPA, and the sampler.

After yesterday's big day spent getting my flow back in order, today was another important day in the world of style; I hit up Brooks Brothers to grab some new suits for summer.  Great deals happening today, so I really couldn't resist.  Plus, the fact that I've lost nearly 20 pounds this year means all of my suits hang off me like the baggy pants MC Hammer famously wore.

2 Legit 2 get better fitting trousers
While that worked famously for Hammer back in the day, I was starting to run out of things to wear to work that didn't make me look like one of his back up dancers.  I mean, mine aren't covered in sequins, but you get the point.  I was due to get some new duds.  Mission accomplished.

To celebrate, I'm reviewing a West Coast IPA from BlogNamedBrew favorite Green Flash Brewing.  This beer pours a clear copper color with a healthy white head.  The aroma is the expected mix of grapefruit and pine, and when you take a sip you get a nice, refreshing beer with notes of lemon and grapefruit, pine, with just a hint of bready malt to keep things in check.  Good, solid bitterness throughout, but nothing too overpowering.  A very well done IPA which checks in at 7.3% ABV.  If you love IPAs (and who doesn't?), this one should be on your go-to list.
Delicious
From their website, this beer has a blend of four hops: Simcoe (added to bring grapefruit), Columbus (hop pungency), Centennial (pine and citrus notes), and Cascade (floral aroma).  Now you know.

Thing to Think About Today:
When you look as handsome as me, you don't have to take your clothes off to have a good time.  Particularly when you're wearing a nice new Brooks Brothers suit.  However, if you doubt this theory, I'll allow Jermaine Stewart to tell it in song.  Feel the 80s power and enjoy the rest of your weekend, friends!


"Not a word, from your lips /You just took for granted that I want to skinny dip "

No comments:

Post a Comment