Breweries "Visited"

Friday, April 5, 2013

Day 482: Green Flash Le Freak

Today is my birthday. There are surprises in store for me tonight. As someone who is very comfortable admitting that she likes to control all the things, all the time, this is a challenging position for me to be in. I'm currently not controlling all the things. I am nervous. It's making me chew on my nails. I'm a freak.

Which leads me to today's beer. Green Flash's Le Freak. It's a combination of a Belgian style trippel and an American imperial IPA.


It poured a hazy golden orange color with a full white head. It smelled of hops, sugar and tart grapes. The flavor is surprisingly smooth. It's herbal and spicy with some breadiness. There a good hop bite in the finish and lots of piney hops.

Beer stats
Style: Trippel/Imperial IPA
ABV: 9.2%
IBUs: 101
Rating: Great

Previously reviewed from Green Flash
Mr.'s review of Le Freak and Rayon Vert and Imperial IPA and Palate Wrecker and Linchpin IPA
I tackle a sampler

No comments:

Post a Comment