Breweries "Visited"

Friday, April 19, 2013

Victory We Predict for Thee

Beer #496 Otto / Victory Brewing Company, Downingtown, PA
Previously from this brewery: Swing Session one and Swing session two, Hundred Horse one and Hundred Horse two, NATO IPA, V-12, and a sampler

Nothing like a beer review before lunch to get the day started!  I'm headed to State College to enjoy some relaxation today and a practice football game tomorrow - although the tailgate will be real, I assure you.  Therefore, I'm getting my writing done while I can.  The short version, then:

Today's review is a bottle of Otto, a smoked ale from Victory Brewing that's been in the fridge for what seems like an eternity.  In the glass, you see a dark, chocolate brown color with a thin, off white head.  There's a nice aroma of smoked malts, and the taste is clean, with a good bit of smoke and a somewhat meaty characteristic (but not in a bad way).  Thankfully not burnt or coffee, as those are flavors I don't tend to enjoy.  There's some bitterness from the hops, but you're drinking this one for the toasted malt.  Would pair well with sausages and mustard, I'd say.  Not a beer I'd reach for on a regular basis, but well done.
With matching glass. OH YOU FANCY, HUH?
Thing to Think About Today:
Smoked beer?  Smokey Robinson and the Miracles, with the legendary Tracks of My Tears.  Enjoy your weekend friends.  I'll miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment