Breweries "Visited"

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Day 462: Victory Swing Session

Evidently session beers are my thing this week because I find myself enjoying another one in so many days.

Today's beer is from Victory Brewing Company. It's the Swing--a session saison. Now that's a style that's new to me!

It poured a hazy golden color with a thick white head. I could smell it from several paces away from the glass. Up close it was lemony and spicy. The taste is like a hopped up saison. It starts smooth with some grain notes, then some citrus, mostly lemon, with pepper. It finishes with a citrus-pith bitterness. Overall a very interesting beer and quite quaffable.

Beer stats
Style: Saison
ABV: 4.5%
IBUs: Unknown
Rating: Good

Previously reviewed from Victory
Gary's review of Swing
His and her takes on Hundred Horse Ale
Gary's review of NATO IPA
My attempt to drink all the Victory beer
Gary's second post ever (V12)

No comments:

Post a Comment