Breweries "Visited"

Monday, March 25, 2013

Day 471: Starr Hill's The Love

I wanted to love The Love, but I don't. I wanted to love The Love for so many reasons--it was part of the one-sided beer exchange; it's called The Love; it's a hefeweizen. But alas, poor reader, it was not meant to be.

The Love poured a bright golden color with a thin white head. It had a tangy, wheat aroma. The flavor was lemon-tart with undertones of wheat bread. It's very effervescent. But I'm not getting the typical hefeweizen flavors of banana. There's no hints of bubblegum. No apple. Nothing typical of the style. Perhaps there's clove hidden in the spiciness that I noted in my scribblings. Overall The Love is The Dud.

Beer stats
Style: German hefeweizen
ABV: 4.6%
IBUs: 9
Rating: Average

Previously reviewed from Starr Hill
Mr. Blog Named Brew's thoughts on The Love
Shake Ya Ass and a Cryptical
Proof that I shouldn't make Godfather references and a Cryptical review from me

No comments:

Post a Comment