Breweries "Visited"

Monday, March 11, 2013

Boat Drinks!

Day #457 Session Lager / Full Sail Brewery, Hood River, OR 
Previously from this brewery: First out the limo!

I'm getting right down to business.  I'm a businessman.  Tonight's beer is a bottle of Session Lager from Full Sail in Oregon.  This beer is among the greatest beers ever.  Why?  Because it was a gift from a friend.  Give your friends beer, and they'll love you forever.  Poured out of a stubby 11oz bottle, this beer is a clear, bright gold color with virtually no head.  You get an slight aroma of sweet malt and grain, and when you take a sip you find a flavorful, yet easy drinking beer that has notes of malt and hops, grains, and something close to popcorn.  As the name suggests, this is a session beer and has a low ABV (5.1%), good flavor, and isn't overly complex, which means you can drink a number of these in the course of a day.  This beer will definitely make a tailgate appearance this summer.
This picture was taken outside. SPRING TIME, YO!
During my trip to Oregon last summer, I made it up to Cascade Locks, which is only about 20 miles away from this brewery.  Should have taken a longer road trip, but even without visiting Hood River, I can assure you this part of the country is as beautiful as anything you'll find in America.  Stop by if you're ever near Portland.

Thing to Think About Today:
Somebody follow me: Full Sail makes me think of boats.  Boats makes me think of the boat life.  The boat life makes me think of yacht rock.  Yacht rock!  I'll pause here: for those of you who don't have a yacht, yacht rock can be categorized as the easy listening music popular from the late 70's to mid 80's.  You know, that smooth, chill vibe you'd expect to want to listen to while cruising the bay on your yacht.  If you close your eyes and picture the 80's, I'm pretty sure you see yacht rock videos in your head.

Well, it just so happens my neighbors were in the mood for some yacht rock this weekend, as evidenced by their blaring of Yah Mo B There by James Ingram and the yacht rock God, Michael McDonald.  Now, I get that it was a bright, sunny spring Sunday.  I'm just not sure what was happening in their yard/house/driveway that made them want to fire up this song.  However, it brought a smile to my face, so I guess I'm not really complaining.  If anyone has a yacht and wants me to bring the Session Lager.... call me.  I'll "mo b there."

No comments:

Post a Comment