Breweries "Visited"

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Day 472: Lakefront Brewery's IBA

Event season is upon us and I am all worky-work, busy-bee. Let's cut to the chase and write about some beer. Tonight's beer of choice is Lakefront Brewery's IBA--an India-style black ale. 
The label tells me that Lakefront took their IPA and added dark roasted malts to create the IBA. It pours exactly the color one would expect from a black ale...reminiscent of cola. It had a thin tan head. The smell is piney hops and chocolate malt. The flavor is HOLY HOPS! Lots of piney resin with a bit of floral hops. There is hop flavor in this beer coming and going! If you ponder a sip long enough, you'll note some roasted malt. But I had to really think about it to find it. The hop flavors are very dominant. Overall I think it's a good beer--just not my style.

Beer stats
Style: India black ale
ABV: 6.5%
IBUs: 50
Rating: Good

Previously reviewed from Lakefront
Mr. Blog Named Brew's take on IBA and their pumpkin lager
I show some love for the pumpkin lager

No comments:

Post a Comment